Designing an animal and veterinary lab requires a balance between ethical and science-based practices that are fundamental to the care and treatment of animals. Whether it is an animal research facility or small-animal vet, such lab design must promote the humane care of animals and quality research in spaces that enhance the relationship between vets, researchers, staff, pets, and clients. At Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods, we design animal and veterinary labs that provide for the health, safety, and well-being for both animals and humans.
As an animal lab construction company, we design lab spaces that facilitate a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel while meeting the regulations and guidelines for quality animal care and treatment. We address commonly overlooked needs such as ample storage, noise dampening, adequate space for safe animal housing, special interior finishes, waste disposal, constant and reliable air ventilation, and much more. Whether you are designing a new lab or remodeling an existing one, Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods can help you design and furnish a flexible, safe, smart, and sustainable lab that can meet the needs of the animals and human workforce today and into the future.
The following are some of our basic objectives for an animal and veterinary lab design:
- Flexible and adaptable layout for future needs and equipment
- Modular or flexible casework and furnishing to allow labs to scale up or down
- Barrier and containment areas that help eliminates the risk of infection of animals
- Proper segregation of clean and soiled or contaminated areas
- Optimal space allocation and room-relationship planning, including separate rooms for offices, animal housing, treatment rooms, surgical areas, and more
- Optimize the organized flow of people, animals, materials, supplies, and waste.
- Constant and reliable HVAC systems
- Special considerations for noise mitigation and odor control
- Positive, anxiety-free spaces for the animals
- Protect the safety and health of both animals and humans
- Special interior finishes
- Environmental factors that enhance the well-being of both the animals and humans
Key Considerations for Animal and Veterinary Lab Design
An animal and veterinary lab must provide a healthy and safe environment that meets the diverse needs of both the animals and humans that work at and visit the facility.
The following are the key considerations for animal and veterinary lab design:
- Flexible and adaptable layout that accounts for room relationships and the traffic flow of animals and both human workforce and visitors
- Implement safety and environmental measures to ensure the health and safety of animals and humans
- Provide an environment for the humane care and treatment of animals while addressing the health and safety of human workforce
Why Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods?
Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods is your comprehensive resource for all things related to laboratory design and furnishings. Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods is your comprehensive resource for all things related to laboratory design and furnishings. Our design carefully considers your unique lab requirement to meet your current and future needs.
We provide a unique customer experience we call “The Power of One.” You will have a single point of contact for your project from start to finish, including planning, drawings, budgets, recommending and procuring furnishing and equipment, and much more. Our approach is to keep it simple, efficient, accurate, and easy for you to ensure continuity and nothing is missed. You will have the lab you need on time and on budget.
The combination of our expertise, unique approach to project management, and wide range of high-quality lab products and equipment makes us your single source for designing and furnishing your new, refitted, or remodeled lab.
Recommended Lab Components for an Animal and Veterinary Lab
At Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods, we have an extensive line of high-quality lab furniture and equipment ideal for an animal and veterinary lab. When designing your lab, we will recommend the lab furniture and equipment that is right for your lab to meet both current and future needs. Also, our products are protected by an industry best five-year warranty.
Solution Series Flexible Lab Furniture
Free-standing, durable lab furniture that allows you to restructure and reorganize your space at any time.
Epoxy Resin Countertops
Attractive and reasonably priced. Optimum physical, fire, and chemical resistance required for heavy-duty usage.
Combination of eyewash and shower safety station (includes a stainless-steel bowl).
Wood Lab Casework
Durable and provides limitless design options.
The Eliminator 900 SERIES: Demonstration Hood
Educational viewing fume hood that provides superior ventilation to protect students and faculty.