Research & Development (R&D) Custom Lab Design
We understand that developing a R&D lab is an expensive endeavor, and so we help you design a sustainable, flexible lab that adapts to your changing needs. For example, we can develop a custom lab furniture system that fosters productivity and efficiency while eliminating safety hazards and reducing potential contaminations. Also, we design labs that expand, reconfigure, and permit multiple uses with careful consideration to zoning lab and non-lab spaces. Whether you are designing a new lab or remodeling an existing one, Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods can help you design and furnish a flexible, safe, smart, and sustainable lab that can meet the current and future needs of researchers and scientists.
The following are some of our basic objectives for R&D lab design:
- Flexible design that supports current and future needs and technologies
- Provide sufficient circulation space to optimize accessibility and safety
- Zone lab between lab and non-lab spaces
- Modular or flexible casework and furnishing to allow labs to scale up or down
- Protect the safety and health of researchers, scientists, and staff
- Incorporate mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems outside the lab to maintain high levels of security for intellectual property and hazardous materials
- Layout that enhances collaboration and interaction between researchers and scientists
- Environmental factors that enhance learning, such as natural light, acoustics, and color
Key Considerations for R&D Lab Design
A R&D lab must flexible and dynamic enough to meet a multitude of needs while providing a safe space in which students and faculty can interact.
The following are the key considerations for R&D lab design:
- Ensure accuracy and validity of research and lab results by reducing potential contaminants
- Facilitate partnerships and development by encouraging collaboration and interaction between researchers and scientists
- Flexible and agile design and furnishing that accommodates expansion and reconfiguration without disruption
Why Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods?
Here at Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods we want to be your comprehensive resource for all things related to laboratory design and furnishings. We carefully consider your unique lab requirements and work to create the most efficient design for you.
We provide a unique customer experience, you will have a single point of contact for your project from start to finish, including planning, drawings, budgets, recommending and procuring furnishing and equipment, and much more. Our approach is to keep it simple, efficient, accurate, and easy for you to ensure continuity and nothing is missed. You will have the lab you need on time and on budget.
The combination of our expertise, unique approach to project management, and wide range of high-quality lab products and equipment makes us your single source for designing and furnishing your new, refitted, or remodeled lab.
Recommended Lab Components for R&D Lab
At Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods, we have an extensive line of high-quality lab furniture and equipment ideal for a R&D lab. When designing your lab, we will recommend the lab furniture and equipment that is right for your lab to meet both current and future needs. Also, our products are protected by an industry best five-year warranty.
Solution Series Flexible Lab Furniture
Free-standing, durable lab furniture that allows you to restructure and reorganize your space at any time.
Attractive and reasonably priced. Optimum physical, fire, and chemical resistance required for heavy-duty usage.
SS902 Safety Station
Combination of eyewash and shower safety station (includes a stainless-steel bowl).
Wood Lab Casework
Durable and provides limitless design options.
The Eliminator 900 SERIES: Demonstration Hood
Educational viewing fume hood that provides superior ventilation to protect students and faculty.