Pharmaceutical Lab Design
Pharmaceutical lab construction and design require you to carefully address the regulatory regimes under which you operate today while having the far-sight to satisfy future changes as well (including FDA, CDC, ISO Certifications, and any other federal, state, or local regulations). At Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods, we design pharmaceutical labs for a variety of lab types, including wet, dry, or combination labs. We focus on making them flexible enough to meet both the needs of today’s research teams and the challenges of tomorrow.
We understand a pharmaceutical lab design must facilitate collaboration and interaction of researchers and scientist in high-performance, research-intensive spaces while meeting stringent safety and quality standards. Also, these labs must be agile enough to seamlessly accommodate technological advances and new equipment without disruption. Whether you are designing a new lab or remodeling an existing one, Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods can help you design and furnish a flexible, safe, smart, and sustainable lab that meets the needs of researchers, scientists, and staff.
The following are some of our basic objectives for pharmaceutical lab design:
- Agile design that supports current and future lab needs and technologies
- Identify the different space types, including wet or dry lab, combination of both, and non-lab areas
- Provide sufficient circulation space to optimize accessibility and safety
- Material selection optimizes performance and compliance to rigorous regulations and standards
- Protect the safety and health of researchers, scientists, staff, and visitors
- Minimize areas requiring controlled environments
- Layout that enhances collaboration and interaction between researchers and scientists
- Environmental factors that enhance learning, such as natural light, acoustics, and color
Key Considerations for Pharmaceutical Lab Design
A pharmaceutical lab must meet the most rigorous standards of cleanliness and design—from furnishing and casework selection to careful placement of HVAC and fume hoods—while engendering optimal performance, productivity, and compliance.
The following are the key considerations for pharmaceutical lab design:
- Combine high performance and high compliance that satisfy safety and quality standards and regulations
- Optimize equipment setup, safe material handling, and secure waste management while preventing accidental exposures and cross contamination in the lab
- Layout that encourages collaboration and interaction between scientist and researchers
Why Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods?
Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods is your comprehensive resource for all things related to laboratory design and furnishings. Our design carefully considers your unique lab requirement to meet your current and future needs.
We provide a unique customer experience we call “The Power of One.” You will have a single point of contact for your project from start to finish, including planning, drawings, budgets, recommending and procuring furnishing and equipment, and much more. Our approach is to keep it simple, efficient, accurate, and easy for you to ensure continuity and nothing is missed. You will have the lab you need on time and on budget.
The combination of our expertise, unique approach to project management, and wide range of high-quality lab products and equipment makes us your single source for designing and furnishing your new, refitted, or remodeled lab.
Recommended Lab Components for a Pharmaceutical Lab
At Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods, we have an extensive line of high-quality lab furniture and equipment ideal for a pharmaceutical lab. When designing your lab, we will recommend the lab furniture and equipment that is right for your lab to meet both current and future needs. Also, our products are protected by an industry best five-year warranty.
Solution Series Flexible Lab Furniture
Free-standing, durable lab furniture that allows you to restructure and reorganize your space at any time.
Epoxy Resin Countertops
Attractive and reasonably priced. Optimum physical, fire, and chemical resistance required for heavy-duty usage.
SS902 Safety Station
Combination of eyewash and shower safety station (includes a stainless-steel bowl).
Wood Lab Casework
Durable and provides limitless design options.
The Eliminator 900 SERIES: Demonstration Hood
Educational viewing fume hood that provides superior ventilation to protect students and faculty.