A modern physics laboratory contains a variety of simple and complex scientific instrumentation to aid in determining measurements, calibrations, and physical property variations and precision. Computational equipment is also essential for carrying out analysis, modeling, simulations, and computer-based experiments. At Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods, our physics laboratory designs that accommodate the focus of the research with both short-term needs and long-term goals in mind.
Physics lab design generally requires flexible, modular layouts for analytics and research purposes. While the equipment found in a physics lab generally depends on the focus of the research, they often require humidity, temperature, vibration, and dust control. This not only protects sensitive instruments and expensive equipment, but it also helps ensure they perform properly to produce accurate results. Careful planning on electrical needs is important, including ample power supplies (including uninterruptible power supply) and clean power systems. Finally, the design of a physics lab should encourage collaboration and creativity amongst all its occupants. Whether you are designing a new lab or remodeling an existing one, Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods can help you design and furnish a flexible, safe, smart, and sustainable lab to meet all your unique physics lab requirements.
The following are some of our basic objectives for physics lab design:
- Flexible design that supports current and future needs and technologies
- Modular or flexible casework and furnishing to allow labs to scale up or down
- Protect the safety and health of the occupants
- Layout that enhances collaboration and interaction between occupants
- Adequate distribution of critical power supplies in strategic, easy-to-access locations
- Provide clean power supply vital to ensuring optimal performance of computers and research instruments
- Extensive environmental control systems, such as humidity, temperature, dust, and vibration, to ensure electronics and research instruments remain and perform at peak condition
- Fire suppression systems to prevent unplanned fires and reduce the damage to expensive lab resources
Key Considerations for Physics Lab Design
A physics lab must ensure that the advanced scientific instrumentation and computational equipment remain in peak condition to optimally perform the analysis, modeling, and simulations carried out in such a lab. The following are the key considerations for physics lab design:
- Flexible and agile design that supports a wide range of research, analytics, and lab resources
- Implementation of extensive environmental controls to ensure lab resources remain in peak condition and perform properly to produce accurate results
- Open floor design to seamlessly accommodate advances in technology without interruption
Why Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods?
Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods is your comprehensive resource for all things related to laboratory design and furnishings. Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods is your comprehensive resource for all things related to laboratory design and furnishings. Our design carefully considers your unique lab requirement to meet your current and future needs.
We provide a unique customer experience we call “The Power of One.” You will have a single point of contact for your project from start to finish, including planning, drawings, budgets, recommending and procuring furnishing and equipment, and much more. Our approach is to keep it simple, efficient, accurate, and easy for you to ensure continuity and nothing is missed. You will have the lab you need on time and on budget.
The combination of our expertise, unique approach to project management, and wide range of high-quality lab products and equipment makes us your single source for designing and furnishing your new, refitted, or remodeled lab.
Recommended Lab Components for a Physics Lab
At Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods, we have an extensive line of high-quality lab furniture and equipment ideal for a physics lab. When designing your lab, we will recommend the lab furniture and equipment that is right for your lab to meet both current and future needs. Also, our products are protected by an industry best five-year warranty.
Solution Series Flexible Lab Furniture
Free-standing, durable lab furniture that allows you to restructure and reorganize your space at any time.
Epoxy Resin Countertops
Attractive and reasonably priced. Optimum physical, fire, and chemical resistance required for heavy-duty usage.
SS902 Safety Station
Combination of eyewash and shower safety station (includes a stainless-steel bowl).
Wood Lab Casework
Durable and provides limitless design options.
The Eliminator 900 SERIES: Demonstration Hood
Educational viewing fume hood that provides superior ventilation to protect students and faculty.