Educational & University Lab Design
Educational and university lab design is a multi-faceted challenge that combines features of traditional labs and classrooms. Such labs require space for student research, area for teacher or instructor demonstrations, ample storage, specialized and durable casework, accommodations for digital devices and technology, and safety features to name a few. At Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods, we focus on education and university lab design that incorporates several space types (for example, wet and dry labs) to meet the needs of the students, faculty, and staff.
As an academic science lab design company, we understand that lab instruction, classroom management, and overall safety can be enhanced when the lab layout and design are optimized. Whether you are designing a new lab or remodeling an existing one, Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods can help you design and furnish a flexible, safe, smart, and sustainable lab that can meet the needs of students and faculty today and into the future.
The following are some of our basic objectives for educational and university lab design:
- Flexible design that supports current and future needs and technologies
- Provide sufficient circulation space to optimize accessibility and safety
- Maintain clear sight lines to optimize visual management and learning capabilities
- Modular or flexible casework and furnishing to allow labs to scale up or down
- Protect the safety and health of students, faculty, and staff
- Layout that enhances collaboration and interaction between students and faculty
- Durable materials that are chemical resistant to withstand daily use
- Environmental factors that enhance learning, such as natural light, acoustics, and color
Key Considerations for Educational and University Lab Design
An educational and university lab must be flexible and dynamic enough to meet a multitude of needs while providing a safe space in which students and faculty can interact.
The following are the key considerations for educational and university lab design:
- Flexible and agile design that can support a wide range of dynamic activity and learning methods
- Installation of durable materials able to withstand the rigors of daily use
- Layout that supports lean workflows, visual management, and safety
Why Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods?
Let Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods be your resource for all things related to laboratory design and furnishings. We carefully consider the unique requirements of a good educational and university practices and lab safety.
We provide a unique customer experience, will have a single point of contact for your project from start to finish, including planning, drawings, budgets, recommending and procuring furnishing and equipment, and much more. Our approach is to keep it simple, efficient, accurate, and easy for you to ensure continuity and nothing is missed. You will have the lab you need on time and on budget.
The combination of our expertise, unique approach to project management, and wide range of high-quality lab products and equipment makes us your single source for designing and furnishing your new, refitted, or remodeled lab.
Recommended Lab Components for an Educational and University Lab
At Lab Furniture and Fume Hoods, we have an extensive line of high-quality lab furniture and equipment ideal for an educational and university lab. When designing your lab, we will recommend the lab furniture and equipment that is right for your lab to meet both current and future needs. Also, our products are protected by an industry best five-year warranty.
Solution Series Flexible Lab Furniture
Free-standing, durable lab furniture that allows you to restructure and reorganize your space at any time.
Epoxy Resin Countertops
Attractive and reasonably priced. Optimum physical, fire, and chemical resistance required for heavy-duty usage.
SS902 Safety Station
Combination of eyewash and shower safety station (includes a stainless-steel bowl).
Wood Lab Casework
Durable and provides limitless design options.
The Eliminator 900 SERIES: Demonstration Hood
Educational viewing fume hood that provides superior ventilation to protect students and faculty.